пятница, 6 мая 2016 г.

Peanut Butter Runner

Peanut Butter Runner

Hey there and I hope you guys are enjoying your Sunday. A few months ago I wrote a post about Sunday planning to strategize for a busy week ahead and it was well received. Given that I’m hitting 30 weeks this week and feeling the squeeze to get my ducks in a row before baby G comes, I thought it would be useful to do that again today. Also, I’ve been in Folly Beach for three days on a girl’s trip so coming home from travel always gives me an extra push to get organized and to meal plan.


whole30 shepherd's pie

THIS WEEK’S MEAL PLAN


Sunday: whatever speaks to me at the grocery store…will be some sort of protein + veggie + rice


Monday: Whole30/Paleo Shepherd’s Pie (made with ground turkey)


Tuesday: Leftovers


Wednesday: Cheesy chicken and broccoli stuffed spaghetti squash


Thursday: spinach and cheese tortellini with mushrooms and Italian sausage


Friday: a big pot of soup + salad + biscuits or cornbread


Saturday: TBD or out


It’s no secret that I’ve been all over the place with food lately but I REALLY want to make a meal plan happen this week. I think with a simple menu + one big shopping trip + some prep and having everything on hand, I can successfully pull this off. Wish me luck.


peaceful warrior

THIS WEEK’S WORKOUTS


I usually find prioritizing workouts during busy weeks really helps my stress levels/mental state. Given that I’m taking it easy on the workout front right now, I’m not going to set goals for specific workouts but rather go based on how I feel.


I’d like to get a couple easy yogas in (I haven’t practiced since NYC and I need the stretch + the unwind something serious), lots of walking and one or two lifting sessions. My doctor gave me the green light to teach one of my strength classes every week and then I may do a low-key lift on my own. Again, all will be based on how I feel + I see my doctor on Thursday morning so I’ll check in with him.


yoga teacher

THIS WEEK’S WORK STRATEGIES/GOALS


Here are my top work priorities. As long as I tackle these big things, I will feel good about the week.


  • Training two new girls to teach Y2 Strength (since I’ve given up all my classes for now and will need lots of backup during maternity leave!).
  • Film a few prenatal yoga flows (I’ll probably wrap this into my yoga practices for the week!).
  • Publish at least four blog posts on Peanut Butter Runner and photograph, write and turn in a few sponsored projects for review.
  • Review and rework email marketing automation program for studio
  • Write out marketing calendar for next 6-8 weeks for studio and assign tasks to our marketing coordinator.
  • Renew my group exercise certification. This has to happen as it expires in 10 days. Ahhh!

baby boy gift

THIS WEEK’S PERSONAL GOALS/TO DOs


  • Catch up on thank you notes for baby presents that I’ve received in the last couple of weeks.
  • Make a final decision on hospital tours/classes and register.
  • Schedule a meeting with my doula to review birth preferences.
  • See my therapist. (I do this bi-weekly and it’s super important to me.)
  • Get a prenatal massage. I have been achy.
  • 30 week OB appointment on Thursday.
  • Try to finalize choices for artwork + coffee and side tables for den.
  • Try to finalize choices for artwork + trim color + rug + light fixture for nursery.
  • Make plan with friends at least 2-3 times for coffee, walk, phone date, etc.
  • Get the girls groomed. Y’all this was on my personal list from back in December and it still hasn’t happened. I’m officially past the point where I can take this on myself and they need haircuts something serious!

golden retriever with toy

WHERE I’M WAVING THE WHITE FLAG


  • Outsource house cleaning and have our housekeeper come this week.
  • Sub out some of my classes to make space for work/personal stuff and taking care of my body/resting.
  • Give myself space to sleep 7-8 hours each night, even if it doesn’t happen from a pregnancy insomnia standpoint. Nap during the day if needed.
  • Make space for more relaxing/slowing down/self-care. Lots of time for sitting, reading, baths, daily meditation, podcasts, etc.

Whew, took me a while to hash that all out but I definitely feel a little calmer and clearer about what’s on my plate this week and where my priorities are. I highly recommend taking a few moments to sit down and map out your week if you’re going into it feeling a little overwhelmed or blah.


Have a wonderful day!


What’s on your personal to-do list this week?


Where are you waving the white flag and giving yourself a break this week?


Original article and pictures take www.peanutbutterrunner.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий