четверг, 30 июня 2016 г.

Quick Dynamic Warm Up Routine for Runners

Quick Dynamic Warm Up Routine for Runners

Since running for me was a transition from a LOT of walking, I’ve never had an issue spending time before my run warming up. I enjoy the walk as a way to get focused and transition from sleep to moving. What I learned along the way is that actually helps me run farther and with a few dynamic exercises I’ve managed to keep IT Band issues at bay for quiet some time.


Following is the routine I’ve pulled together from reading Matt Fitzgerald, Runner’s World and others over the last 10 years. It hits all my potential areas of issue {IT Band/Hips} and is super fast.


Dynamic Warm Up For Runners
Dynamic Warm Up For Runners from RunToTheFinish

Other 13.1 series post: 8 coaches on your first half, half marathon race check list, 7 things I wish I knew before my first race, post race recovery {when can you run again} and avoiding runners trots.


WORKOUTS

After running nearly the equivalent of a marathon at my marathon pace last weekend {Palmetto 200}, I decided to just listen to my body for choosing all workouts this week. Luckily I wasn’t feel sore, so it was more about remembering the value of recovery!


8 weeks until RW Hat Trick


workoutsapril

Mar 31 – 60 min walk + Upper Body/Core exercises

Apr 01 – 30 min walk + 1.5 mile run {#treadmilltuesday!} | 60 min walk + pilates core/stretch

Apr 02 – 2 mile run + 20 min walk + 30 min bike + Upper Body | 30 min walk

Apr 03 – 3 miles + 30 min walk | 2 miles + 20 min walk

Apr 04 – 5.5 miles + 20 min walk + PT exercises | 30 min walk + stretch

Apr 05 – 60 min bike trainer + 30 min walk

Apr 06 – 10 mile easy run {avg 9:33} + 40 min walk + 30 min yoga


#BESTFOOT THIS WEEK


Bestfoot This Week Link-Up
Weekly Workout Link Up

Time to share how you put your #bestfoot forward last week. Your posts will appear on 3 blogs each time you link up: here, Krysten of Darwinian Fail and Ericka of SweetLifeEricka.


OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT


Get each new post in your inbox — talk about speedy service


Continue the running conversation with others on Facebook.


Original article and pictures take www.runtothefinish.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий